Find the updated progression here: Learn Kick Double Pole
Prerequisite: This course assumes you have already learned Double Pole and Diagonal Stride techniques.
Beginners will know how to Kick Double Pole after completing these drills and progressions.
Lesson/Video 1: Lyle explains his progression and favourite drills for Kick Double Pole technique.
Lesson/Video 2: Kim’s “Double Dip-Double Pole” progression (based on Lyle’s ideas)
- First time on XC skis – 1962 in Winnipeg
- Raced in Manitoba throughout the 1970s
- Started Fresh Air Experience ski shops in 1972
- CANSI President and Technical Director 1976 – 1986, Level IV National Examiner
- NCCP Level 5 Certified Coach
- British Columbia Provincial Coach 1981 – 83
- Alberta Provincial Coach 1984 – 87
- National Ski Team Coach – 1988- 95
- Masters racer, winning 15 National championships & 3 World Masters podiums
- 1979 – present, Owner and Manager Nipika Mountain Resort
- Cancer survivor, 2017